Saturday, February 21, 2009

A prayer request

I don't know if anyone besides Catie reads this, but if anyone does, please pray for my Elliott. He is in desperate need of guidance, unfortunately, the guidance that Dave and I are offering is not what he wants to hear. He wants to solve his problems on his own. Or he wants us to give him the money to fix things so he can keep on living the way he is.
Elliott is not into drugs or gambling. He is involved with a girl that I am convinced is Satan's spawn. Since he has started seeing her, he only calls me when he is at work. He won't be seen near this girl's job with his own sister (he can't associate with any females). Girlfriend deposited his tax refund check into her account and told him that she was going to use the money, he couldn't have it. She has been driving the car that was given to Elliott to use. The car is registered licensed, and insured in Dave's name. We can't convince Elliott that, if she is involved in an accident and someone in the other car is injured, or worse, killed, we will be held liable and could lose everything we have. He just doesn't believe us.
Since Elliott has continued to let girlfriend drive the car, Dave went to get it tonight. It will be stored until after Elliott's court date. Once he is allowed to drive again (see previous Elliott posts), he will get the car back. Of course, Elliott was incensed. He gave Dave the keys and his phone and said he would no longer talk to any of us. I am convinced that taking the car is the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any easier.
I fear for Elliott. He is not safe with this girl. She doesn't care about him. She is interested in herself and what she can get from others. His well being is of no concern to her. I don't want any harm to come to my child, but I have to let him learn that his actions have consequences.
Please pray for him with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment