Friday, January 9, 2009

Heffalumps and Woozles

I'm knitting an elephant. I started out wanting to knit a teddy bear, but I haven't found the pattern I want yet. I want to make a bear with jointed arms and legs, knit from mohair yarn. When I find it, I'll get started. In the meantime, I'm making a really cute elephant for Catiebug. I was thinking of the color combinations I could use, but I decided to give her a choice. She chose beige and brown. The beige part for the body is OK. Brown for the soles of the feet and ear trim is OK, too. But the trim color is also used for the tusks. Brown tusks just aren't right! It would look like the elephant had major tooth decay! He will get white tusks. I've finished the body and am half done with the head. I figure that, since no one else is interested in "the living room project", I'll spend the weekend working on the elephant. After all, I can only handle one giant project at a time!

1 comment:

  1. PRESENTS FOR ME!!!


    And I was going to suggest white tusks :) I'm excited to get it :)

    ReplyDelete