Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm knitting for two


No, I'm not pregnant. If I were, I'd advise everyone to look into the sky because you'd see a star shining in the east! I'm knitting for two grand babies. A boy, Bryce, due in a couple of weeks. A girl, Abbey, due in February. Knitting for babies is so much fun! I can work up a cute little sweater in no time, rather than spending days knitting on the back of an adult sweater. Plus, baby things are soooo much cuter!

For Bryce, Ive made a couple of sweaters, including a teeny tiny little blue sweater, sox, and hat that he'll grow out of in about a week! I've made a couple of blankets, some washcloths (not my favorite thing to knit!), more sox, and a couple of hats. I've been sewing, too. A cute little Halloween sleep sac and quilt, a bunch of receiving blankets, and some burp cloths.

I'm just getting started on baby Abbey's things. Receiving blankets, dresses, sweaters, sox, hats, and a whole nursery set with sheets, a bed skirt, curtains, and a quilt. Abbey's room will be hot pink and black. Very cutting edge!

Knitting and sewing for the babies has become my second occupation and I couldn't be happier! I have way more ideas than I have time or money, but if I write things down, I'll get lots done! I have a couple of weeks of vacation coming up. I should be able to put a big dent in my "baby stash"!

No comments:

Post a Comment