Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm driving to Winston-Salem today. Tests done yesterday evening showed that Thom has no brain function. They call it "brain dead". Jenny has wisely decided to take him off of life support. God will answer our prayers in one of two ways: Thom will experience a miraculous healing or, in His mercy, God will take Thom to his real home.
Selfishness tells us that Thom should stay here. We are selfish for ourselves. Thom is a good guy. He's fun to be around. He makes us laugh. We are selfish for Jenny. She is losing her husband. The man who vowed to share her life. Her companion. The father of her children. We are selfish for Ma and Pop. They lost a son years ago, when they were young. Why are they losing their youngest child, another son, in their old age? Most especially, we are selfish for Donna and John. They will face the most difficult years of their lives without a father's love and guidance.
I've been asking God a lot of questions lately. "Why" is at the beginning of most of them. I wait for an answer. Maybe if I would stop questioning, talking, and questioning some more I could hear His answer. "Be still" He says. "Know that I am God" He says.
I have cried buckets of tears. I will cry more in the coming days. "Be still" He says. "Know that I am God" He says.
I will be still.
I will wait.
And I will humbly submit to His will.
God will be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment