Wednesday, July 1, 2009

God is Good!


I have been blessed in more ways than I can ever count. As much as I gripe about him, I have the best husband in the world! He has been a great dad, doing things that some dads would never imagine doing (The drive to Pittsburgh when all three kids were under 8 years old comes to mind!). He and I arranged our work schedules so that the kids always had someone at home for them. He has supported my cat breeding madness, constant knitting ("You didn't hear a thing I just said, did you?" "No, sorry, I'm counting stitches!"), and my away for a week/home for a week work schedule. He can get really cranky, but so can I. Thirty years of marriage has made us more accepting of the occasional crankies because, most of the time things are good. I love him more than I can say.

I have three really good kids. They are grown now, and making their way in the world. They have stumbled here and there, but overall, they're focused. I'm proud of each of them.
Elliott and Samantha are awaiting the birth of their baby boy in October. Sam should graduate from Marshall in December. Elliott is hoping for a job with either the Charleston or Huntington (WV) fire dept.
Catie has graduated from Marshall in May and has a dream job providing developmental services for babies (PT, OT, and parenting skills). She and Ben have a cute house and three rambunctious dogs. Sadly, they lost their first baby last fall. God will provide a healthy baby for them in the future. Ben is a blessing, too. He fits right in with our oddball crowd!
Chris is living with Dave and me for now. He has a part time job and is mulling over his options for the future. I'd like to see him go to college, but that's up to him. I know that he really wants to be a cartoonist, but he needs to pay his bills, too! He has been dating Aaron since January. She's adorable! I hope things work out well for both of them.

I have the best co-workers in the world. For the first time in a long time, I enjoy going to work. The work is the same, nursing doesn't change that much, but the people I work with make those 12 hour night shifts fun! No matter how busy we get, we manage to have sing-alongs or dances at some point each night!

I am relatively healthy, my parents are still living (and healthy), I can pay my bills, my car is in good shape, My roof doesn't leak, and I know that I belong to the one true living God. Who could ask for more??

No comments:

Post a Comment