Friday, March 20, 2009

What I think

Apparently, "brutal honesty" is only appreciated if it leaves everyone in a good light. Catie no longer wants any contact with me. This came about in about an 8 hour span of time. She said it is because I "took Elliott's side" (I have the email). I didn't know that there was a side to take. I do not like the way his girlfriend has behaved in the past, I don't know if that behavior will change in the future. I don't think they are mature enough for a long term relationship. That's all moot at this point. By being supportive of my child during a time of crisis does not mean that I condone his behavior. It simply means what it has always meant, he is my child and I will be there for him. As I would be for any of my children. Mothers do that. Even when a child repeatedly rips out out our heart and stomps all over it.
Dave is angry over what I have posted. Was he supportive during my colonoscopy. I didn't feel it. I feel neglected, passed over. Sorry, but that's where I am. I feel kind of like a chair, always around and comfortable. When he talks to me, I feel like I'm being lectured to. If I say anything about that, I get told "this is the way I talk". It hasn't always been that way. We used to enjoy each others' company. Now I feel like I'm being tolerated.
It's easy enough for others to pass one off as "crazy" because one has been treated for depression. But the fact is, most of us who have seen a therapist are in a better place than our "sane" counterparts. I am OK. I am intelligent. I can stand on my own two feet. If you want nothing more to do with me, so be it. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.